“THE WILL TO WIN IS IMPORTANT, BUT THE WILL TO PREPARE IS VITAL” – Joe Paterno
For the overall development of a professional to be placed in the highest realms, an educational body is considered to play a pivotal role. A budding professional has to be physically, mentally, emotionally and intellectually top in his field. This can be realized through intensive sporting programmes and excellent sporting facilities. SJCET provides such an environment which facilitates the optimal efficiency and effectiveness of the emerging dynamic engineers and managers. SJCET has attained quite a reputation in sports activities especially among the professional institutions by winning several prestigious tournaments conducted in various levels. The competitive spirit is encouraged as the college organizes a variety of tournaments of repute and establishment of sporting clubs.
Mr. Baiju Jacob M. P. Ed
Department of Physical Education, SJCET Palai
The department of Physical Education of the SJCET has an excellent infrastructure to meet the sporting requirements and regular physical exercise. SJCET has an indoor auditorium (multipurpose Hall) for shuttle badminton (4 courts), table tennis (2 Nos) and Chess. The Evangeline fitness gym is one among the top class facilities constructed & maintained by the Department of Physical Education of SJCET. This gym is installed with the latest gym equipment of the highest standard. In addition to this, the SJCET has the following facilities
- Football fields
- Basketball concrete court
- Volleyball courts
- Cricket Nets
- Badminton courts
- Table Tennis
The art of practicing yoga helps in controlling an individual mind, body and soul. It brings together physical and mental disciplines to achieve a peaceful body and mind, it helps to manage stress and anxiety and keep you relaxing. It also helps in increasing flexibility, muscle strength and body tone. It improves respiration, energy and vitality. The college provides yoga and meditation training to all students of the first year with a view to enhance their concentration and study skills.
Science has shown that our mind and body benefits from taking time out of our daily life to shut down and meditate. The benefits of meditation are endless which includes
- Attainment of perfect equilibrium and harmony
- Promotes self- healing.
- Removes negative blocks from the mind and toxins from the body
- Enhances personal power
- Increases self-awareness
- Helps in attention, focus and concentration
- Reduces stress and tension in the physical body by activating the parasympathetic nervous system
SJCET Palai provides yoga and meditation training to all students of the first year with a view to enhance their concentration and study skills.
PACE INTER COLLEGIATE TOURNAMENT
The SJCET Palai is well known for its intensified contribution towards overall development of a professional to be placed in the highest levels. Among the various endeavours undertaken, the most significant among them all is the spectacular sporting event PACE. This sporting extravaganza focuses on five sporting events football, basketball, volleyball, cricket and badminton. The event is organized every year .This sporting event, which is conducted as a state level tournament, has witnessed the clash between the best sporting teams from the best technical institutions. A jury of referees of state repute will referee the matches.
- PACE 2016-17: SJCET Palai has conducted and inter-college meet for various sports games, which has got wide participation reaching of count 25 from various colleges all over the state. The meet consisted of total 5 game events including Volleyball, Football, Cricket, Basket Ball, and Shuttle Badminton Tournament. And SJCET Palai has grabbed ever-rolling trophy for the year 2016-17. Valedictory function inaugurated by Mr Tom Joseph Indian international volleyball player Arjuna Awardee.
- College Volleyball Team got first prize inter college volleyball tournament conducted by Rajagiri College of Engineering and Technology, Kakkanad.
- College Volleyball Team got first prize inter college volleyball tournament conducted by I H R D College of Engineering, Adoor.
- College Volleyball Team secured second position in inter college volleyball tournament conducted by M.B.C. College Kuttikanam.
SJCET Palai Conducted Various events in C zone Competitions
- Shuttle Badminton (Girls & Boys) SJCET Palai Girls got second position
- Table Tennis (Girls & Boys) SJCET Palai Boys& Girls got second position
- Chess (Girls & Boys) SJCET Palai Boys& Girls got second position
- College Volleyball Team got third prize KTU C zone volleyball tournament conducted by Toms College of Engineering Mattakara
- College Basketball Team got third prize KTU C zone Basketball tournament conducted by Amal Jyothi College of Engineering Kanjirapally.
- College Football Team and Cricket team participated C zone competition conducted by Amal Jyothi College of Engineering Kanjirapally
INFRA STRUCTURAL DETAILS OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
|Sl. No||Name of the Area||Plinth Area in Sq.Mtrs|
|1||Basketball Court ( Concreted)||2050 Sq.Mtrs|
|2||Football Field||5000 Sq.Mtrs|
|3||Cricket Nets ( Concreted)||200 Sq.Mtrs|
|4||Volleyball Courts||500 Sq.Mtrs|
|5||Throw ball Court||200 Sq.Mtrs|
|6||Hand Ball Court||1000 Sq.Mtrs|
|7||Kabadi Court||500 Sq.Mtrs|
|8||Play Ground consist of 200mtrs Athletic Track, Long Jump Pit, High Jumping Bed, Shot-put, Discus Throw pits and Javelin sector.||8000 Sq.Mtrs|
|9||Fitness Centre Gents||1000 Sq.Mtrs|
|10||Fitness Centre Ladies||100 Sq.Mtrs|
|11||Multipurpose Hall (Shuttle Badminton-4, Table Tennis -2, Caroms -2, Chess -10)||10000 Sq.Mtrs|
|12||Department Room||30 Sq.Mtrs|
|13||Sports Store Room||200 Sq.Mtrs|
|14||Yoga Hall||200 Sq.Mtrs|