PhD Offered by APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University
APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University (KTU) shall offer research programmes in various disciplines of Engineering, Technology, Architecture,Basic Sciences and Mathematics,Management and allied Inter-disciplinary areas leading to the award of the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy.
Categories of Admission
There shall be THREE categories of Ph.D. admission as given below:
- Full time scholars of the University with or without fellowship
- Part time scholars who are faculty members of the University Departments or Affiliated College who will be admitted to pursue research towards Ph.D. degree while working
- External part-time scholars who work in research organisations or R&D centres recognized by APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University for the purpose of external registration.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION
Candidates with Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology, Architecture or a Master’s degree by research in Engineering/Technology with a minimum CGPA of 6.5 are eligible for admission to the Ph.D. program with the stipulation that admission to the Masters program should have been based on a valid GATE score.
SC/ST candidates and differently abled persons are eligible for admission with a minimum CGPA of 5.5 at Master’s level are eligible for admission to the Ph.D. program . Other conditions remain same as those for the general category candidates.
The following are exempted from the requirement of GATE or UGC-CSIR NET or CAT/JMET/XAT/MAT/ATMA/GATE/UGC for the purpose of registering for Ph.D. :
- Candidates with Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology /Architecture and having THREE years of teaching experience in AICTE approved colleges or NBA accredited departments.
- Those with above mentioned educational qualifications and having minimum THREE years’ experience in a reputed industry as assessed by the University
- Candidates who have fellowship/scholarship support from any Government Agency.