MCA @ SJCET Palai
Master of Computer Applications is a three years master’s programme spanning 6 semesters for the graduate students with bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, Commerce with Mathematics. We offer both the Regular and Lateral Entry courses of MCA@SJCET Palai, approved by the AICTE and affiliated to the APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, Kerala.
Online Application Instructions
Candidates shall download the application form from www.sjcetpalai.ac.in or admission.sjcetpalai.ac.in. Fee shall be paid through Demand Draft in favor of ‘The PRINCIPAL, St. Joseph’s College of Engineering and Technology, Palai’ payable at Palai. Candidate should send the filled application form along with the Demand Draft and copies of following documents to this address: ‘The PRINCIPAL, St.Joseph’s College of Engineering and Technology, Palai, Choondacherry P.O, Palai-686 579,Kottayam District,Kerala,India.’ by Registered Post/ Speed Post/ Hand Delivery , before the last date.
Self-Attested copies of the following documents to be attached with the application form (Don’t send Originals)
- Proof of Date of Birth (10th/ Birth certificate/ Passport).
- 12th / +2 (VHSE/CBSE/ICSE/Others)
- Certificate\Degree Mark list( for the known results)
Fee for application form is Rs. 500/-. (Rupees Five Hundred only).
3 Year MCA Course (Regular)
Academic Requirements: A pass with not less than 50% marks (or CGPA(Core Courses) more than 2.15 out of 4) in any recognized regular Bachelor’s Degree course (with Mathematics / Statistics (This does not include Business Mathematics or Business Statistics) / Computer Science / Computer Application / Engineering and Technology as a Main / Subsidiary / Core / Complementary) of minimum three years duration in any discipline with Mathematics at 10+2 level.
- A pass with not less than 50% marks (or CGPA(Core Courses) more than 2.15 out of 4) in BCA degree of minimum three years duration from a recognized University.
- Subject to the regulation relating to prescribed minimum of the respective qualifying examination, the minimum marks of admission to the course of studies shall be a pass in the case of SC/ST candidates.
- Candidates belonging to Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC) referred to GO(P)208/66/Edn dated. 2-5-96 and subsequent amendments to order issued by the Government shall be given a relaxation of 2% marks in the prescribed minimum for admission.
- A relaxation of 5% marks from the prescribed minimum shall be allowed in the case of physically handicapped persons.
- Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination in more than one chance in the subject (excluding languages) will have their percentage marks de-rated at the rate of 5% for every additional appearance for the purpose of ranking.
The candidate should appear Government MCA entrance exam conducted by LBS for the admission. The interview call for admission will strictly based on the list prepared with the academic merit and the rank scored for the entrance.
2 Year MCA Course (Lateral Entry)
Academic Requirements: A pass with not less than 50% marks in recognized regular Bachelor of Science Degree course with minimum three years duration in the discipline of Computer Science or Information Technology with Mathematics/ statistics as a Subsidiary subject at the Degree level.
- A pass with not less than 50% marks in BCA degree of minimum three years duration from a recognized University.
- For SEBC and physically handicapped candidates, the aggregate marks required are 45%. For SC and ST candidate, a minimum pass in the degree examination is sufficient.
- Candidate seeking admission to the course should be qualified from any University in Kerala or any other Universities, recognized by any of the Universities in Kerala.
- Final Year regular Bachelor’s Degree students are also permitted to appear for the Entrance Examination subject to the condition that the original degree certificate and mark lists of all parts of the qualifying examination shall be produced by the candidate at the time of admission.
- Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination in more than one chance in the subject (excluding languages) will have their percentage of marks derated at the rate of 5% for every additional appearance for the purpose of ranking.
Dr. T. D. Jainendrakumar
+91 9447 82 84 97
- Prof.Alex Jose
+91 960 50 24 999