- To nurture students to identify, formulate, analyse, design, develop, optimize, and maintain engineering products and solutions in electrical engineering field through a team of well qualified faculty members.
- To enhance the research and leadership qualities in students through collaboration with industrial and government organizations and various consultancy works.
- To mould the students for the successful pursuit of graduate studies and create an urge for lifelong learning and acclimatize with the dynamic world.
- To ingrain personal attributes that enable students to interact effectively harmoniously with the corporate world.
- To understand the social, ethical, legal and human issues in the use of technology and protect the students from conditions harmful to their emotional and physical well being.
The Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering was established in the year 2004 with a sanctioned intake of 60 students in B.Tech – Electrical & Electronics Engineering. The department is being steered under the leadership of Prof. P. V. Varkey, Former Chief Electrical Inspector to Govt. of Kerala. Eight batches of students have graduated Bachelor of Technology in Electrical Engineering with highly appreciable academic results. The department Is strengthened by 15 teaching and 6 non-teaching members. The M.Tech in Power Electronics was started in the year 2013 with an intake of 24 students.
Our course is consistently ranked among the best in the state and we are justifiably proud of our faculty, students and facilities. Our laboratory facilities, most of which are housed in the Electrical Engineering laboratory complex, are state of the art. Over 21 staff members serve on our faculty, and about 240 undergraduates and 24 post graduates enrolled as full-time students, making the Dept. of EEE stand with its head high in Kerala.
COURSES WE OFFER
B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE)
An Engineering program which seamlessly articulates the concepts from basic science to technology with relevant practice through lab and projects for building the problem solving skills, keeping industry requirements in place. Students will develop competence in areas like Electronics, Electrical Machines, Power and Control systems.
INITIATIVES BEYOND THE CLASS ROOM
ENCON Green Club
The ENCON GREEN CLUB of SJCET was started by the Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department to focus on Energy Conservation and Environment Protection activities. Effective Energy Utilization & identification of the areas of possible energy conservation and environmental protection are carried out at SJCET under the guidance of the HoD, EEE Dept. Our goal is to become as self reliant as possible in the use of energy and water in our campus and be an example to other institutions. ENCON GREEN CLUB of SJCET is affiliated to the ENCON Club of BPCL Kochi from 2009 onwards and was inaugurated on 12th October 2009. The management, faculty and the students of our college consciously join hands to make the campus eco-friendly and energy efficient.
The Department undertakes Electrical consultancy in various Electrical Engineering and related fields. Faculty members and students actively participate in the consultancy works which helps the students in getting campus & off-campus employment in the power sector.