FIND THE RIGHT PROGRAMME FOR YOU
B.TECH ADMISSION LATERAL ENTRY 2019
B.Tech. Lateral Entry Programme is a continuation of technical expertise acquired after completing Diploma programmes and offers an opportunity to Diploma holders to obtain B.Tech Degree in Engineering.
10% of the sanctioned seats in each B.Tech course is allotted for lateral entry admission during the commencement of the third semester.This is in addition to the total seats allotted for each course.
Duration: The duration of Degree programme is 3 years as the candidate will be admitted directly in second year of the regular B. Tech. Program.
Computer Science & Engineering
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Candidates who have passed Diploma in Engineering/ Technology awarded by the State Board of Technical Education, Kerala or Equivalent after undergoing regular course of 3 years in an approved institution.
Should be qualified in the entrance exam 2019 for lateral entry admission.
- Maximum age as on the last date of submission of application will be 30 Years.
- Those who are appearing for the final year diploma examination are also eligible to apply subject to the condition that they will produce the Qualifying Certificate (Original or Provisional) at the time of admission.
- Candidates will be admitted only to the branch of engineering as per the equivalency(given below)
|Branch||Eligible Specialization in Diploma Course|
|Computer Science and Engineering||1.Computer Application and Business
2.Management Computer Engineering
3.Computer Hardware Maintenance
5.Electronics & Robotics Engineering
3.Quantity Survey & Construction Management
|1.Applied Electronics/Instrument Technology/Electronics and Instrumentation/Medical Electronics
2.Biomedical Engineering/Medical Electronics/Medical Instrumentation
4.Electronics and Avionics Engineering
5.Electronics and Communication Engineering
6.Electronics Production Technology
9.Electronics & Robotics Engineering
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||Electrical / Electrical & Electronics Engineering
|Electronics and Instrumentation||Applied Electronics/ Instrument Technology/ Electronics and Instrumentation/ Medical Electronics
|Mechanical Engineering||1.Automobile Engineering
2.Tool and Die
3.Wood and Paper Technology
4.Plastic Moulding Technology from CIPMT
ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Register yourself using your active e-mail ID and valid Indian mobile number in our Admission Portal.
- After registration you will receive an application number and password through e-mail and SMS.
- Use the received application number and password to login to the admission portal.
Fill up the Application form with your basic details, contact details, qualifying exam details, branch preferences and save application form to proceed to Next Step.
After successful submission of the contact details, qualifying exam details, branch preferences you should upload necessary certificates in JPEG format only and fill-up the KEAM 2019 details and may proceed for payment.
In case your KEAM result is awaited at the time of filling this application form, you may update and upload the supporting document afterwards (as and when your result is declared). At this stage you have completely filled the application form for document verification.
After successful payment, your application should be under process and within 3-4 working days you will get any one of the status as below:
- A “Verified Status” in case you have submitted the transcript of qualifying exam and you are eligible for admission procedure.
- A “Conditional Verified Status” in case your result of qualifying exam is awaited or document submission is pending or document submitted lacks clarity, we will allow you to take part in admission procedure only after re-submission or updating of required details in the stipulated time.
- An “E-mail of Regret” and “Alternate programme” option for you in case you are not eligible to take admission in the programme applied.
You can login in to our Admission Portal to see the status of your application.
- You can further update the application form details and upload necessary certificates at any time even after the payment.
- After successful completion of online application, you can check the status of your application by logging into your account.
- Your application will get verified soon after you upload all the certificates stipulated in the online application form.
- Application portal will get locked after successful verification where further editing is not possible.
- Further you will be only able to update KEAM 2019 Entrance Rank field in the Admission Portal.
Rank list will be generated further in the stipulated date, where date of publication of Rank will be updated later here.
Admission Process: 50% of the seats as indicated above will be allotted by the Govt and the remaining 50% seats filled by the Management based on entrance test merit.
Application forms can be downloaded from the college website. Downloaded applications can be submitted along with a DD of Rs.500/- in favour of ‘The Principal, St. Joseph’s College of Engineering & Technology, Palai’ payable at Pala.
Filled up applications can be handed over to the college office or sent to
St. Joseph’s College of Engineering & Technology, Palai,
Choondacherry P O, Kottayam Kerala – 686636
- Proof of Date of Birth (10th/ Birth certificate/ Passport).
Admit card of Kerala Entrance Examination – 2019
Mark sheet of Kerala Entrance Examination – 2019.
- Mark list of 12th / +2 (VHSE/CBSE/ICSE/Others)
Dr. Madhukumar S
+91 8078 700 700
Dr. Jyothis Thomas
+91 9447 205 778
|1||Annual Tuition Fee||Rs. 75,000/-|
|2||Caution deposit||Rs. 10,000/-|
|3||Fee for Value Added Courses & Special Facilities||Rs. 10,000/-|
|4||Admission Fee||Rs. 150/-|
|5||Fee for university/ statutory bodies||KTU Fees ( as actuals)|
|6||University Exam Fee||KTU Fees ( as actuals)|
Lateral Entry Students joining B.Tech branches are eligible for following scholarships
Merit Scholarship (Govt./Management)
|Category||Eligibility||Scholarship Amount in Rs.||Tuition Fee to be paid after Scholarship in Rs.|
|I||85% aggregate percentage of marks and above for Diploma Examination||66, 800/ Year||8,200/ Year|
|II||80% aggregate percentage of marks and above for Diploma Examination||20,000/ Semester||17,500/ Semester|
|III||75% aggregate percentage of marks and above for Diploma Examination||10,000/ Semester||27,500/ Semester|
|IV||70% aggregate percentage of marks and above for Diploma Examination||5,000/ Semester||32,500/ Semester|
Note 1. The college offers various categories of Scholarships for those seeking admissions at SJCET, and the students have the liberty to choose one best suited for them.
Note 2. . A Student, admitted under one eligibility category (II – V) may apply for up-gradation to the next higher Merit Category in the future, if he/she earns all credits stipulated by the university and attains a CGPA of 8.0. for the previous semester.
Note 3.A Scholarship recipient student shall satisfy the following conditions for the continuation of the scholarship in the next semester.
- a) Should have more than 90% attendance in the previous semester
- b) Should not be involved in any disciplinary action from the college or hostel.
- c) Should have passed all the subjects of the previous semester with a SGPA of 6.5.
Special Scholarship (Govt. /Management/NRI)
Lateral Entry Students joining following B.Tech branches are eligible for special scholarships
|Category||Branch||Scholarship Amount per Semester in Rs.||Tuition Fee to be paid r olarship in Rs.|
|I||Electrical & Electronics Engineering||12500||25,000/Semester|
|II||Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering||20000||17,500/Semester|
Lateral entry Students belonging to the Parishes of Palai Diocese are eligible for Diocesan Scholarship worth Rs. 5000/Semester for all B.Tech/ MCA courses.